In a time of anti-immigrant rhetoric, threatened federal defunding of sanctuary cities and increased ICE enforcement, the dialogue around the concept of sanctuary, and what it means for cities, has never been more important.
Join the Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility for a discussion with leading experts on the concept and practice of sanctuary. We invite you to listen to this lively debate and conversation, learn more about what actions are being proposed, and further understand the impact on immigrants and cities. Participants will be able to engage with panelists via submitted questions.
- Alex Aleinikoff, Director, Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility (Moderator)
- Nisha Agarwal, Commissioner, Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Abou Farman Farmaian, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, the New School for Social Research
- Kica Matos, Director, Immigrant Rights and Racial Justice, Center for Community Change
- Faiz Shakir, National Political Director, ACLU
- Miriam Ticktin, Associate Professor and Chair of Anthropology, the New School for Social Research
To receive the link for the webinar, please register via this Eventbrite page, and you’ll receive an email with login information in advance of the session. The webinar can be accessed by phone or online platform.